- The inhaler is an option for people who miss the hand-to-mouth action of smoking. The inhaler replaces the action of smoking with the action of taking a puff of your inhaler.
- The inhaler can be used together with the patch.
- You can use a nicotine inhaler as needed for tobacco cravings.
How to use the nicotine inhaler:
- Line-up the markings on the mouthpiece and separate the two pieces.
- Take one cartridge out of the foil-wrapped tray.
- Press the cartridge into the mouthpiece’s bottom and replace the top of the mouthpiece.
- Twist the mouthpiece so the markings do not line up.
- Put the tapered end of the mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Take in short puffs. The cartridge will empty after about 20 minutes of puffing.
- Remove the cartridge from the mouthpiece when you are finished and put into the garbage.
- Keep the inhaler and cartridges away from children and pets.
- Clean the mouthpiece regularly with soap and water.
- Do not eat or drink during use.
- Click HERE to watch a video about how to use the inhaler.
Side effects of the nicotine inhaler include:
- Upset stomach;
- Mouth or throat irritation;
- Trouble sleeping; and
- Runny nose.